Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Up in smoke

I've just thought of a word play I can't resist and I just have to post it. I had a very pleasant evening out last week. I went up to London to see the Mayor's Festival. Thanks to some corporate hospitality I had an excellent view from the Oxo Tower, looking down on the Thames. They had a fantastic fireworks display: the fireworks were on barges in the Thames front of us. The fireworks were not only beautiful and spectacular but also really loud, so loud that the building was shaking. I mean really shaking.

Who doesn't love fireworks! Especially when they are paid for by London taxpayers and not us suburbanites. It meant that I could literally watch Londoners money going up in smoke, and enjoy every bit of it.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

No comments:

ShareThis