Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2007

Geneva convention

I've been at Geneva convention for the week, where the spray-on snow was being liberally applied to all of the trees in sight. But it was nice, if a little chilly. So nice, in fact, that I even went for a walk along the shore of Lake Geneva, and very lovely it looked too.

Lake Geneva

The hotel I was staying at -- the couple of hundred quid a night hotel I was staying at -- had good quality wifi throughout, which was excellent. But it cost twenty quid a day. What a joke: twenty quid a day. I really wish hotels would advertise more clearly their absurd wifi charges, charges that have become as ridiculous as phone charges used to be before mobile phones were invented. As far as I'm concerned it's one of the most critical factors in choosing a place to stay. Wifi should be free to all guest, they should just give yo a log-in code with your key when you check in.

It's not even the price that's the most annoying thing, since most of the people who stay in these places aren't paying the bill anyway (as I wasn't). It's combination of the hassle of having to go down to the desk and buy a stupid card with a log-in on it, and the cheek at charging for something that should be included. They don't charge you extra for electricity or water when you leave. Or maybe they did, I should probably check the bill a little more thoroughly.

In the future, everyone will be famous to fifteen people.
[posted with ecto]

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

ShareThis